CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Raw Veggie Salad

I found this recipe over at VegWeb and thought it looked pretty good. I made it for lunch yesterday and it turned out great. Miranda loved it too but David thought the leftovers looked gross. :p

I modified the original recipe a little, here is how I made it:

1 head of broccoli, washed and big stalks removed
2 carrots, washed or scraped
1 tomato (I actually forgot to add the tomato and it was still good, will add it for lunch today)
1 avocado
2 Tblsp. hummus (the original called for tahini but I didn't have any but the hummus had some in it)
lemon juice
salt

Chop the veggies, except the avocado, in a food processor until they are in small pieces, not mush though. Remove the veggie mixture to a bowl and put the avocado, hummus and about 2 Tblsp. of lemon juice in the processor and blend well. (the original recipe called for using half the avocado for the dressing and chopping the rest but I wanted it creamier so I put the whole thing in the dressing) Add salt to taste. You can add more lemon juice too if you want.

This makes enough for two people for a light meal or more for a side dish.
Yum yummy!

1 comments:

Abigail said...

Hey you disappeared! Come back!