CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Best.Smoothie.Ever.

I wish I could post a picture of this one...it is so lovely and green and the creaminess!! The flavor!!
If you decide to make any green smoothies, make this one. I wanted to keep it simple after my itchy episode yesterday.

1 mango
1/2 avocado*
2-3 big handfuls of baby spinach
1 cup of crushed ice
water to make it the consistency you want, I used less so it really thick like a pudding almost

YUM!


*Avocados are rich in (good) fat so if you are eating a normal diet you might want to keep avocado consumption minimal. But you could always have this for breakfast and just a salad for lunch!

5 comments:

Abigail said...

I'm going to try this weird green smoothie thing. I bought some peaches, bananas, kiwi, and kale. Would that be an okay combination, you think?

Leah said...

That sounds great! Put the fruit in the bottom with a little water or ice and blend it first and then add the greens.

Abigail said...

I did it with 1 peach, 2 bananas, crushed ice and about 1 cup of kale. It's wonderful!

Abigail said...

This morning it was 2 kiwis, 1 banana, crushed ice and even more kale. I also added about 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of raw wheat germ. I'm loving this!

Abigail said...

Hey, I like this blog. Post more.