CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 6, 2008

An Alternative to Taco Salad

Last night for dinner the rest of the family had taco salad made with leftover meat from earlier in the week and chili beans. We had all the usually toppings: tomato, lettuce, onion, cheese, sour cream.
Miranda doesn't eat ground beef unless it is the form of a hamburger (weird since she is meatoholic) so I opened a can of chick peas for her and used them in my salad which was basically a big bowl of mixed greens with chick peas, tomato, onion, fresh salsa and guacamole and I crunched up a handful of baked Tostitos on top. I think it was just as good as regular taco salad.

I'm running low on fruits and veggies today, it would be nice to get to the grocery store more than once a week! I'm not sure what I'm going to have for lunch, a salad of some sort...

Oh, for a snack yesterday I cut a zucchini into to chips and dipped them in humus, it was really good. I prefer my own humus but this was prepackaged stuff I bought to eat in the car last Sunday.

0 comments: