CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Mockamole

This is a great recipe for people who love guacamole but are trying to trim back on fat. I kind of came up with the idea after looking at hummus recipes using different kind of beans instead of just chick peas and someone mentioned edamame. They were still calling it hummus but with a few things added it makes a much better Mockamole than the ones I have seen that are just green peas (yuck!). I was telling my mom about it the other day and said I would post the it here.

Cook a 16 oz package of frozen, shelled edamame according to package directions.
Place it in a food processor or blender and puree it. It wont be completely smooth but that's ok.
Add some lime juice, I use about 1/2 a lime, some low fat yogurt (about 1/3-1/2 cup depending on how creamy you want it) and process to mix. Put into a bowl. I usually just add some homemade salsa but you can add a little chopped onion, tomato and cilantro. Salt and pepper to taste.

You can use half an avocado if the idea of just edamame seems weird. It's great with tortilla chips, raw veggies, pita chips etc.

0 comments: