CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 1, 2009

So I started back veg this week. I've just been feeling so weighed down and sluggish lately and I'm trying to find something to lessen that. I know I have been eating too many fatty carbs, chips, cheddar popcorn etc. so I'm holding off on all carbs but whole grains and veggies like potatoes in moderation. My fridge is stocked with vegetables and fruits in all the colors of the rainbow so I have no excuses.

For my lunch today I decided to do a yogurt dip with fresh, raw vegetables. Kroger had some fresh dill on markdown for 50 cents so I used that. Here is the easy peasy dip:

1 cup of low fat yogurt
1 clove of garlic (or if you are like me, a big ol' spoonful of the pre-chopped stuff)
2 Tbsp chopped fresh dill
1 Tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper to taste

Mix it up and dig in with whatever veggies strike your fancy. I'm having 1 zucchini, 1 yellow squash and a giant orange sweet pepper. You can cut them in fingers or coins but I prefer fingers. You will be surprised how much this will fill you up!

0 comments: