CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 2, 2009

Carrot Banana Bread

I had some squishy bananas so I decided to make banana bread to have for breakfast on Sunday. I had some carrots that needed used up too so I looked around online for a recipe. I found several that looked good but ended up using my tried and true Fannie Farmer banana bread recipe because it has no oil in it and just added my own extras.
It turned out super good!

3 ripe bananas, well mashed
2 eggs
1 cup shredded carrots
2 cups flour
3/4 sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (or cinnamon and nutmeg)

Mix bananas, eggs and carrots well. Mix dry ingredients and add to banana mixture. Stir in vanilla, spices and walnuts. Pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 350 for about one hour or until it tests done.

I like the fact that it has no oil in it because then I can put butter on my slice!

0 comments: